How to cook Feta Shrimp Pasta
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Chopped green onions to garnish
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta, rinse with warm water, drain again, coat in a 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Place shrimp in a bowl, coat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and all the spices, mix well.In a skillet add remaining olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and saute 2 minutes on each side.
- Add garlic, lemon zest and saute 1 minute more.
- Add broth and pasta cooking water, cook 1 minute more.
- Add feta cheese and pasta, mix well.
- Add lemon juice and chopped green onions, toss well.
- Serve the Feta Shrimp Pasta immediately.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
This Feta Shrimp Pasta is not only quick, it’s so full of flavor.
This is one of those easy, simple, tasty dishes!
This recipe for Feta Shrimp Pasta serves/makes: 4 servings
The Feta Shrimp Pasta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta