4 - 6 servings
How to cook Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp and Chicken
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When water starts to boil, add about 2 teaspoons of salt to water. Add pasta and cook according to package directions about 12-15 minutes, drain, and rinse in warm water. Drain again then add 1 tablespoon of butter to coat pasta and prevent sticking and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, thinly slice chicken, a slightly frozen chicken breast will be easier to slice. Place chicken in a large bowl and add 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and set aside.
- Rinse shrimp, peel, devein and place in a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and heat on medium heat until the butter is melted. Add chicken breast and saute for about 6 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breast until chicken is cook through and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 2 more tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and add bell peppers and sliced onion to the pot and saute for 5 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute more, add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink. Add chicken to shrimp veggie mixture and cook for about 1 minute more and set aside.
- In a medium stock pot, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, when butter melts add 1/2 of the chopped green onions and saute about 1 minute, add heavy cream, milk and whisk for about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and whisk again, add Parmesan cheese and whisk until melted. Let sauce thicken, whisking occasionally for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour cooked sauce over chicken shrimp mixture and mix well. Toss in cooked pasta by the handful, mixing well after each handful until all pasta has been added to the sauce.
- Sprinkle Alfredo with remaining green onions.
- Serve the fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and chicken immediately with some garlic bread and extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Alfredo Sauce is a creamy white sauce that is used to make Fettuccine Alfredo. In the sauce's simplest form it consists of melted cheese and butter.
Believe me when I tell you, it is worth the time and energy put into this dish. You will never eat jarred Alfredo Sauce
again, I promise you.
This Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp and Chicken is a great weeknight meal for the family but it is also sure to impress guests!
This recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp and Chicken serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp and Chicken recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta