6 - 8
How to cook Fiery Catfish Fingers
- 1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 cup yellow or coarse-ground mustard, or a combination of both
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- In a large bowl, stir together the mustard, egg white, and Tabasco sauce. Add the fish and toss to coat well. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the oil into a heavy 3-quart saucepan or deep-fryer, filling it no more than one-third full, and heat over medium heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Dredge the fish in the cornmeal mixture and shake off the excess.
- Carefully add the fish to the oil, a few pieces at a time. Cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the deep-fried catfish fingers hot with spicy mayonnaise or picante sauce.
The Fiery Catfish Fingers recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fiery Catfish Fingers serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Fiery Catfish Fingers recipe is adopted from The Tabasco Brand Cookbook by Paul McIlhenny 2004.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried