2 - 3
How to cook Filipino Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit)
- 1 pound small fresh squids (pusit)
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (set aside 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the squids very well.
- Remove the long thin membrane in the head and slit the eyes to bring out the ink.
- Place the squids in a saucepan with vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook slowly until the squids are tender.
- In another pan, saute remaining garlic.
- Add the onion and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are very soft.
- Add the squids and the liquid in which they were boiled.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- Serve the Filipino Adobo Squid with rice.
The Filipino Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste).
This recipe for Filipino Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Filipino Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered