How to cook Filipino Anchovy Crisps (Dilis Crisps)
- 1 (1/8 ounce) package of dried dilis (Filipino anchovies)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oil (any light oil, such as safflower or soybean) for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, hot sauce and salt.
- Toss dilis in the mixture until well coated and dredge in flour.
- In a medium skillet, fry dilis over moderate heat until golden brown and crispy, keeping each one separate.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve the Filipino Anchovy Crisps with a dip of vinegar, salt and pepper.
The Filipino Anchovy Crisps (Dilis Crisps) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This is one of the favorite dishes among Filipinos. This fried dilis or anchovies is so crunchy and perfect with rice. It could be eaten as a snack aside from "sumsuman" (eaten with alcohol). But Filipinos usually dip it in soysauce-vinegar mixture and eat it with rice. This can be prepared for breakfast, lunch or supper.
This recipe for Filipino Anchovy Crisps (Dilis Crisps) serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Anchovy Crisps (Dilis Crisps) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed