How to cook Filipino Baked Fish (Pescado al Horno)
- 4 lapu-lapu* (red snapper or grouper may be substituted) fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 whole onion, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes, with skin and seeds
- 1/2 cup pimento, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Season the fish fillets with lemon juice, salt and pepper and place in a shallow glass pan.
- Set aside. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil.
- Saute onions, tomatoes and pimento until a sauce-like consistency is obtained.
- Pour the sauce on the fish. Sprinkle the fish with parsley and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25 minutes.
- Serve the Filipino Baked Fish hot.
The Filipino Baked Fish (Pescado al Horno) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
*In the Philippines, the grouper is commonly known as Lapu-Lapu
This recipe for Filipino Baked Fish (Pescado al Horno) serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Baked Fish (Pescado al Horno) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Baked