How to cook Filipino Baked Stuffed Tahong (Mussels)
- 12 green mussels (tahong), cleaned and boiled ready in half shell
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced red bell pepper
- Dash of ground pepper
- Combine everything except for the mussels then put the mixture on top of every mussel meat in a shell.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (175°C) and bake stuffed mussel for 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve the Filipino Baked Stuffed Tahong (Mussels) hot.
The Filipino Baked Stuffed Tahong (Mussels)
is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
Choose fresh mussels
with shells tightly closed, before cooking.
Slightly opened-up mussel shells can only be eaten if the shells tightly close-up when lightly tapped-on.
An open-up shell means that mussel is dead and therefore can be toxic throw it away.
Mussels will keep, in a large bowl, covered with a damp cloth, for up to 48 hours, refrigerated.
This recipe for Filipino Baked Stuffed Tahong (Mussels) serves/makes: 3 servings
The Filipino Baked Stuffed Tahong (Mussels) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Baked