How to cook Filipino Baked Tahong (Clams)
- 2 pounds clams in shell
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 small tomato, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh lemon slices
- Prepare baking tray by putting aluminum foil
and thinly cover with salt. Line up cleaned, opened clams. Remove half-shell.
- In a small bowl, mix minced garlic, onion, and tomato with a dash of salt and pepper. This will be the garnish.
- Garnish opened clams with the mix. Add a few shreds of mozzarella cheese on top of the garnish.
- Put in oven at 350°F, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with freshly squeezed lemons.
- The baked claims can be served as appetizer.
The Filipino Baked Tahong (Clams) is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Filipino Baked Tahong (Clams) serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Baked Tahong (Clams) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Baked