4 - 6
How to cook Filipino Boiled Fish (Sinigang na Isda)
- 2 pounds sea bass (bluefish, shelled shrimps, fresh croaker, whitefish or squid may be substituted) fillets
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups radishes, left whole
- 3 long, fresh hot green peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds watercress or spinach
- Patis (fish sauce) or salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil water, lemon juice, onion and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Add radishes and fish and bring to a boil.
- Simmer till radishes are tender yet crisp.
- Add the hot peppers and watercress or spinach.
- Add patis (fish sauce) or salt and pepper to taste.
The Filipino Boiled Fish (Sinigang na Isda) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
is the term used to cook meat or seafood by boiling it with a sour base such as tamarind.
This recipe for Filipino Boiled Fish (Sinigang na Isda) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Filipino Boiled Fish (Sinigang na Isda) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered