How to cook Filipino Catfish Adobo (Adobong Hito)
- 2 pounds catfish (hito)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
- Marinate the catfish in ginger, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper for 3 hours.
- Take the garlic bits from the marinade and fry in oil until golden brown.
- Add the fish and the marinade.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, turning fish several times.
- Serve the Filipino Catfish Adobo with steamed rice.
The Filipino Catfish Adobo (Adobong Hito) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
This recipe for Filipino Catfish Adobo (Adobong Hito) serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Catfish Adobo (Adobong Hito) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered