How to cook Filipino Clam Adobo (Tulyang Inadobo)
- 2 cups shelled littleneck clams
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
- Patis (fish sauce) or salt to taste
- In a 4-quart stockpot, boil shelled clams in garlic, vinegar, peppercorns and water. Set aside the broth.
- Remove clams from the pot and fry in oil until brown.
- Pour broth back in with the clams and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt or patis to taste.
- Serve the Clam Adobo hot with steamed rice.
The Filipino Clam Adobo (Tulyang Inadobo) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Clams substitution: mussels
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste).
This recipe for Filipino Clam Adobo (Tulyang Inadobo) serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Clam Adobo (Tulyang Inadobo) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered