4 - 6
How to cook Filipino Clam Stew (Tinolang Tulya)
- 3 cups shelled clams
- 2 pieces ginger-root strips, cut into fine julienne strips
- 1 cup unripe papaya or winter melon, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt or patis (fish sauce) and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 cups water
- 1 pound spinach or watercress
- Leave the clams in a bowl of water for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and ginger to a boil.
- Add the clams and fruit and simmer for 15 minutes or until clams are tender.
- Season with salt or patis and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and add spinach or watercress.
- Serve the clam stew hot with steamed rice.
The Filipino Clam Stew (Tinolang Tulya) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Filipino Clam Stew (Tinolang Tulya) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Filipino Clam Stew (Tinolang Tulya) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew