4 - 6
How to cook Filipino Clams with Burnt-Sugar Sauce
- 3 cups clam meat
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Marinate clams in vinegar, pepper and bay leaf for 40 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and saute garlic until brown and onion until transparent before adding clams.
- Simmer until clams are tender.
- Add bread crumbs and salt and sugar.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
The Filipino Clams with Burnt-Sugar Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Filipino name for this recipe is Estofadong Tulya
This recipe for Filipino Clams with Burnt-Sugar Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Filipino Clams with Burnt-Sugar Sauce recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered