6 - 8
How to cook Filipino Deep Fried Squid Rings
- 2 pounds squid (calamares)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon MSG
- Oil for deep-frying
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Clean squid and cut into rings. Season with salt, pepper and MSG.
- Beat eggs, then add flour and water and beat until smooth. Stir in onion and garlic.
- Heat oil for deep-frying to 425°F. Dip squid rings in batter. Add to oil and deep fry 3 to 4 minutes, until light brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the deep fried squid rings (Calamares Prito) on serving platter and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Serve hot.
The Filipino name for the Deep Fried Squid is Calamares Prito
The Filipino Deep Fried Squid Rings is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Serve the Filipino Deep Fried Squid Rings with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
If you don’t like spicy food cut down on the black pepper as necessary.
This recipe for Filipino Deep Fried Squid Rings serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Filipino Deep Fried Squid Rings recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried