How to cook Filipino Fish and Vegetable Soup (Cocido)
- 6 small fish like golden pompano (Asian pompano), galunggong (round scad) or desired fish
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 - 3 cups water
- 5 steams river spinach (kangkong) or other leafy vegetables
- Salt to taste
- Fish sauce (patis)
- 4 calamansi (Filipino limes), sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Boil tomatoes and onion in 2 - 3 cups of water. When very tender, add the fish.
- Season with salt to taste. When fish is cooked, add the vegetables.
- Cooked until vegetables are done.
- Adjust seasoning with fish sauce if desired.
- Serve with sliced calamansi and chopped green onion.
The Filipino Fish and Vegetable Soup (Cocido) recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Filipino Fish and Vegetable Soup (Cocido) serves/makes: 6
The Filipino Fish and Vegetable Soup (Cocido) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew