4 - 6
How to cook Filipino Fish in Coconut Milk
- 1 fleshy milkfish (tilapia, sea bass, pampano, etc.), about 2 to 3 pounds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Vinegar to taste
- Coconut milk (sold in Oriental food stores)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and cut the fish in desirable pieces.
- Cook the fish in vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion.
- When fish is cooked, add the coconut milk.
- Simmer for few minutes and cook until done.
- Serve the Filipino Fish in Coconut Milk hot with steamed rice.
The Filipino name for the Fish in Coconut Milk recipe is Ginataang Isda
. This ginataan recipe can be used on any vegetable, combination of vegetables, fish or meat. Ginataang (or guinataan) is a Filipino cooking method that means “cooked in coconut milk”.
This recipe for Filipino Fish in Coconut Milk serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Filipino Fish in Coconut Milk (Ginataang Isda) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered