4 - 6
How to cook Filipino Fish with Tomato Sauce
- 1 whole milkfish (tilapia, pampano, etc.), about 2 to 3 pounds
- 10 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
- Clean the fish by removing all the entrails and gills.
- Make 2 diagonal cuts in both sides, then rub with salt.
- Fry until golden brown and save in a platter.
- Meanwhile, parboil the tomatoes, remove the skin, then chop. In a pan, saute the garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add little water and bring to a simmer. Season with salt to taste, then pour sauce over the fish.
- Serve the Filipino Fish with Tomato Sauce hot with steamed rice.
The Filipino Fish with Tomato Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Filipino Fish with Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Filipino Fish with Tomato Sauce recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed