4 - 6 servings
How to cook Filipino Fried Squid Strips (Fried Calamares)
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen squid (calamares), cleaned and cut into round strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Drain squid strips very well.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt.
- Put flour in a small paper bag and shake squid strips in it, a few at a time.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil to 400°F (200°C) and fry squid strips, dropping them in one at a time.
- Fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Serve the Filipino Fried Squid Strips hot with catchup, cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
The Filipino Fried Squid Strips (Fried Calamares) recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Calamares is actually a Spanish word for squids, but it is often referred to fried squid rings. This dish is simple but a little bit tedious to prepare for it involve several steps: dredging in the flour, dipping in beaten eggs, rolling into bread crumbs and finally deep frying.
This recipe for Filipino Fried Squid Strips (Fried Calamares) serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Filipino Fried Squid Strips (Fried Calamares) recipe is adopted from The Philippine cookbook By Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried