How to cook Filipino Frog Guisado (Stew)
- 1 cup frog legs
- 5 kamias* (or 3 tamarind seeds)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup atsuete (annatto) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Prepare atsuete (annatto) water by mashing annatto seeds by hand in water. Discards the seeds.
- In a skillet in cooking oil, saute garlic and onion, then add the frog legs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir-fry for few minutes.
- Add the kamias and atsuete (annatto) water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until frog guisado is done.
- Adjust seasoning with salt to taste.
- Serve the Filipino Frog Guisado hot with steamed rice.
The Filipino Frog Guisado (Stew) recipe easy to prepare and so good!
or kamyas is the Tagalog term for bilimbi - the small, sour, greenish or yellowish cucumber-shaped fruit, eaten as a pickle or used in relishes and various dishes.
This recipe for Filipino Frog Guisado (Stew) serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Frog Guisado (Stew) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Wild Game
(more Wild Game
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew