How to cook Filipino Mudfish with Vegetables
- 1 mudfish (dalag), about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic, pounded
- 1/2 medium head cabbage
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Clean the fish and cut into desired pieces. Rub fish with salt, then brown the fish and set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes in new oil.
- Add water and bring to a boil, then add the potatoes.
- When potatoes are tender, add the fish and cabbage.
- Season with fish sauce according to taste.
- Simmer until done.
The Filipino Mudfish with Vegetables recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Instead of dalag, you may choose tilapia
or grouper for this recipe.
Mudfish (dalag) also known as: blackfish, grindle, cypress bass, or bowfin.
This recipe for Filipino Mudfish with Vegetables serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Mudfish with Vegetables recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Mudfish/Dalag
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered