How to cook Filipino Paksiw na Tilapia
- 2 medium size whole tilapia (about 1 pound each)
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- thumb size ginger, julienned
- Some chili
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot put all the ingredients and let it boil then simmer until cooked.
- If the taste of the vinegar is so strong, you can add a little water.
- Simmer for few minutes until done.
- Serve the Filipino Paksiw na Tilapia with steamed white rice.
The Filipino Paksiw na Tilapia
is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
Don't be afraid to substitute pompano, bangus (milkfish) or any other popular fish for tilapia
This recipe for Filipino Paksiw na Tilapia serves/makes: 4 servings
The Filipino Paksiw na Tilapia recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered