How to cook Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado
- 2 pounds pancit bihon (rice noodles)
- 1 big size chicken breast, boiled and shredded (set aside 5 cups chicken broth)
- 1 cup peeled shrimp
- 1 medium size, carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 medium size red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 stalk celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3-4 stalks spring onion/scallions, chopped (for garnishing)
- 2 lemon, sliced (for garnishing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put cooking oil in a large pan or wok. Sautee garlic, onion, chicken and shrimp.
- Add in the carrots, celery, cabbage and red bell pepper. Season with pepper and oyster sauce then set aside.
- In the same pan, put the chicken broth then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When boiling add in the pancit bihon (Don't soak the bihon noodle in water because it became soggy when cooked).
- Add more broth when needed to soften the noodle.
- When the noodle is almost soft, mix now the vegetables in noodle.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste then remove from heat.
- Put now the pancit in a platter and sprinkle the chopped spring onion/scallion on top.
- Serve the Pancit Bihon Guisadohot with sliced lemon.
The Pancit Bihon Guisado
recipe easy to cook and so good!
Pancit Bihon Guisado
- traditional Asian noodle dish with vegetables, chicken and shrimp.
It was originated from China but well-loved by Filipinos for centuries. It is a common menu for almost Pinoy occasions. Believed to bring long life on birthdays and good luck during new year celebrations.
Just make sure not to overcook vegetables and over stir the noodles when cooking this recipe.
This recipe for Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado serves/makes: 6 servings
The Pancit Bihon Guisado recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta