4 - 6
How to cook Filipino Potserong Dalag
- 1 large dalag (mudfish)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and quartered
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ripe bananas (saba)
- 5 stems of Chinese cabbage (petchay)
- Small head cabbage, quartered
- Fish sauce (patis) to taste
- Cooking oil
- Clean the fish by removing all the entrails and gills. Cut into desired pieces, then rub with salt to taste.
- Brown both sides of the fish in a pan. Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in clean oil, then add water, fish, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil for few minutes, then add the vegetables (leafy vegetables last since it is easier to cook).
- Season with fish sauce to taste.
- Simmer until done.
The Filipino Potserong Dalag recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Dalag (mudfish) also known as: blackfish, grindle, cypress bass, or bowfin.
This recipe for Filipino Potserong Dalag serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Filipino Potserong Dalag recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Mudfish/Dalag
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered