2 - 3 servings
How to cook Filipino Sinugba na Isda (Grilled Fish)
- 1 medium or large size whole pompano fish
- 2 fresh calamansi
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons achuete powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced tomato (for garnish)
- Toyomansi Dipping Sauce
- Clean fish and slice 2-3 openings at each side.
- Slice calamansi and squeeze its juices all over the fish including inside its cavity.
- Shake salt and pepper all over and let it stand over for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt butter in pan at low fire. Add powder achuete and mix thoroughly.
- Grill the fish 30-45 minutes each side brushing butter mixture when about to done.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes and Toyomansi Dipping Sauce.
- Serve the Filipino Sinugba na Isda (Grilled Fish) hot with steamed rice.
The Filipino Sinugba na Isda (Grilled Fish) is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
Grilling a fish is very simple, with sprinkle of calamansi, salt and pepper and it is ready to go to the grill!
Calamansi will eliminate the “langsa” on the fish and salt & pepper will add flavor to it. While brushing melted butter with powder achuete will enhance its flavor and color.
You can use any kind of whole fish of your choice like tilapia
, bangus (milkfish), or any other popular fish for pompano. You may not need any dip anymore for the garnish will already serve as one.
This recipe for Filipino Sinugba na Isda (Grilled Fish) serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Filipino Sinugba na Isda (Grilled Fish) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled