4 - 6
How to cook Filipino Steamed Fish with Mayonnaise
- 1 large fish (apahap*, Iapu-Iapu** or talakitok***)
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vetsin to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise Garnishing:
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced sweet pickles
- 1 small carrot, cooked, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, chopped finely
- Clean whole fish, scrape scales. Rub with salt, vetsin, and sprinkle pepper. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Brush fish with butter. Steam for 20 - 30 minutes. Drain.
- Place on a serving dish. Cool.
- Coat both sides with mayonnaise.
- Combine all garnishing chopped ingredients. Arrange on top of the steamed fish. (Or arrange individually by strips on top of the steamed fish.)
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.
The Filipino Steamed Fish with Mayonnaise recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste.)
, a kind of Filipino fish similar to sea bass.
**In the Philippines, the grouper is commonly known as Lapu-Lapu
is the local Filipino name that applies to several species of Trevallies / Jacks.
This recipe for Filipino Steamed Fish with Mayonnaise serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Filipino Steamed Fish with Mayonnaise recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Steamed