2 - 3 servings
How to cook Filipino Steamed Prawns
- 1 pound medium or large prawns (shrimps)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lime or 2 calamansi
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash the prawns with salt and pepper, then squeeze some lime or calamansi then set aside.
- Prepare the steamer by putting the water, garlic, onion, peppercorn, the empty calamansi or lime fruit that we squeezed and butter, bring to a boil.
- Steam the prawns until cooked (4 minutes each side) cooking time depends upon the size.
- Once cooked remove from the steamer, then serve with your favorite sauce.
- Serve the Filipino Steamed Prawns hot with chopped spring onion, sauteed onion and a little oyster sauce if desired.
The Filipino Steamed Prawns
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Filipino Steamed Prawns serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Filipino Steamed Prawns recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Steamed