How to cook Filipino Tilapia in Pineapple-Ginger Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into chunks (about 12 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 large (about 1/2 pound) singkamas (yam bean) cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can (8 ounces) Pineapple Chunks (preferable Del Monte)
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 2 stalks green onions, cut into 1 inch long
- Sprinkle fish chunks with 1 teaspoon salt. Coat with flour or cornstarch.
- Fry in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute ginger and singkamas in margarine.
- Add canned pineapple chunks with syrup, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, soy sauce and dissolved cornstarch.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over fried fish. Top with cut green onions.
- Serve the Filipino Tilapia in Pineapple-Ginger Sauce with steamed white rice.
The Filipino Tilapia in Pineapple-Ginger Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
I will show you how to prepare a delicious sauce to spice up your fried fish fillets. This recipe is very similar to sweet and sour fish but with the addition of pineapple chunks and ginger sauce. This is a very simple sweet and sour you can make anytime on any occasion.
This recipe for Filipino Tilapia in Pineapple-Ginger Sauce serves/makes: 6 servings
The Filipino Tilapia in Pineapple-Ginger Sauce recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed