How to cook Filipino Tilapia with Soy Calamansi Sauce
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
Soy Calamansi Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons calamansi (Filipino lime) juice
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 red chili, sliced and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- To prepare the Soy Calamansi Sauce, mix calamansi juice, soy sauce and sugar.
- Saute ginger, garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Pour the calamansi mixture and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Dissolve flour in 3 tablespoons water and add to the calamansi mixture.
- When the sauce becomes a bit sticky, add in red chili. Leave for about 30 seconds.
- Season the tilapia fillets with fish sauce.
- Dip in corn flour then deep fry until crispy.
- Serve the fried tilapia fillet hot with Soy Calamansi Sauce.
The Filipino Tilapia with Soy Calamansi Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Filipino Tilapia with Soy Calamansi Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Filipino Tilapia with Soy Calamansi Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried