2 - 3
How to cook Fish Baked in Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce
- 2 - 3 fillets of white fish such as Sole, Halibut, Haddock or Flounder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup of milk - fat free
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled,chopped - optional
- Onion powder and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 5-1/2 tablespoons sour cream - fat free
- 6 ounce pkg baby spinach, washed/stems removed - optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F; place fish in single layer in a glass casserole.
- On stove-top in a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt margarine; blend in flour then milk, stirring constantly until sauce thickens; add eggs and onion powder & pepper.
- Add cheese, sour cream and spinach; cook and stir until blended.
- Pour sauce over fish and bake for 20-30 minutes until fish is flakey.
For low cholesterol diet, discard egg yokes.
This recipe for Fish Baked in Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Fish Baked in Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The recipe is submitted by Christine Blanco - 25/05/2013.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Baked