6 - 7 fish cakes
How to cook Fish Cakes with Honey-Mustard Sauce
- 1 pound fillets of flounder (or any white-fleshed fish such as cod, tilapia, pangasius and wolffish)
- 2 slices of white loaf
- Milk to soak bread
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped greens (parsley and/or dill) or 2 teaspoon dried herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying
- Honey-Mustard Sauce (see the recipe below) to serve
Honey-Mustard Sauce Ingredients:
- Remove the crust from the bread and cut it into small pieces. Place it in a small bowl with the milk to soak for a few minutes.
- Rinse the flounder fillets under running cold water. Pat dry with paper towels and cut into chunks.
- Cut it into medium pieces and mince with bread slices (lightly drained from the extra milk) and onion in a mincer or food processor.
- Combine the minced fish, egg, greens or herbs, butter, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- If the fish mince is too wet add some breadcrumbs.
- Wet your hands and form the fish mince into 6-7 small oval patties, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- Roll them in breadcrumbs and place on a cutting board or baking sheet. Put the fish cakes in a refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry the fish cakes over medium heat until done, about 7 minutes per side.
- Serve the fish cakes hot with Honey-Mustard Sauce and a side dish of your choice, for example boiled or steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
- This time I had a vegetable stew as a side dish.
How to cook Honey-Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root, about 3/4 inch, peeled and finely grated
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- Whisk all sauce ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Serve with fish, seafood, and poultry.
The Fish Cakes
with Honey-Mustard Sauce recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Fish Cakes with Honey-Mustard Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 7 fish cakes
The Fish Cakes with Honey-Mustard Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed