How to cook Fish Creole (a Low Calorie Recipe)
- 1 pound sole or haddock fillets, defrosted if frozen
- 1 can (8-ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diagonally sliced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. In 12x8x2-inch dish arrange fish with thickest pieces to outside edges of dish.
- In 1-qt glass measure stir together tomato sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, celery, water, minced onion and bouillon. Pour evenly over fish.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, turning back one corner to vent. Microwave at high 8 to 10 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 4 minutes, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving, to blend flavors.
The Fish Creole recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fish Creole (a Low Calorie Recipe) serves/makes: 4
The Fish Creole recipe is adopted from The General Electric Microwave Guide & Cookbook - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Microwave