How to cook Fish Fillets Fried in Batter
- 1 pound haddock fillets (or any saltwater white-fleshed fish fillets), thawed if frozen
- Oil for frying
- Juice of a quarter of a lemon
- For Batter:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1-2 tablespoon flour
- Spices (salt, pepper, and your favorite dry herbs) to taste
- Rinse the fish fillet under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut it into serving size.
- To prepare the batter: combine in a bowl milk, eggs, flour, herbs, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix to make a rather thin batter with the consistency of pancake batter. You may need to add more flour or milk to get the right consistency.
- Put the fish pieces in a bowl and mix them with batter to coat completely.
- In a large skillet heat oil and fry fillets, over medium heat, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place the fried fish on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Before serving, sprinkle the fish with lemon juice.
- Serve the fried fillets immediately with mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes and fresh vegetables.
The Fish Fillets Fried in Batter
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Fish Fillets Fried in Batter serves/makes: 4 servings
The Fish Fillets Fried in Batter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed