How to cook Fish Patties (Pollock)
- 2 pounds pollock (or any firm, white-fleshed fish) fillets, cut into medium pieces
- 3 eggs
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2-3 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mince the fish fillets with onion in a mincer or food processor.
- Cut or break bread into pieces and put in a small bowl with milk to soak for a few minutes.
- Combine the bread (lightly drained from the extra milk), minced fish, chopped green onion, chopped dill, 2 eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Wet hands to form into 12 patties the minced fish mixture.
- Coat patties with flour then dip patties into beaten egg, before coating patties with breadcrumbs.
- Then refrigerate them at least 30 minutes.
- Fry the patties in olive oil over medium heat until golden brown, about 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve the fried fish patties hot with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
The Fish Patties
(Pollock) recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Fish Patties (Pollock) serves/makes: 12 patties
The Fish Patties (Pollock) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed