3 - 4 servings
How to cook Fish Patties (Tilapia)
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Breadcrumbs for breading
- Olive oil for frying
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Finely chop the tilapia fillets and put in a bowl and add the oatmeal, chopped onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside for 15-25 minutes.
- Just before frying mix again.
- Wet hands to form into patties the minced fish mixture.
- Roll them in the breadcrumbs and fry the patties in olive oil, over medium heat, until golden brown on both sides, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Serve the fried fish patties hot with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
The Fish Patties
(Tilapia) recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Fish Patties (Tilapia) serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Fish Patties (Tilapia) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed