How to cook Fish Sarciado
- 3 whole fried or grilled pompano (use any fish* or fillets, your choice), about 1 1/2 pounds total weight
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 springs fresh oregano, stalks discarded
- 4 - 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Patis (fish sauce) or salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and oregano. Season with fish sauce or salt and pepper.
- Cook for a minute or so then cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables soften a little.
- Pour the sauce over the fried fish.
- Serve the Fish Sarciado hot with freshly steamed white rice.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
The Fish Sarciado recipe is delicious, simple, quick, and really easy to cook.
or Sarciadong Fish
recipe means “fish with thick sauce” is another simple and easy to prepare healthy Filipino dish. Fried fish is simmered in a sauce that is usually composed of tomatoes, onions and eggs; some seasonings are also added like cheese to enhance the flavor.
*You could use any fish of your choice for this recipe like hasa-hasa, biya, maya-maya, japayuki, bream, butterfish, etc. This is also great for recycling leftover fried fish.
This recipe for Fish Sarciado serves/makes: 3 servings
The Fish Sarciado recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered