How to cook Fish Soup with Vegetables
- 10-11 ounces pollack fillet (or any firm, white-fleshed fish)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces lean dry-cured ham
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium potatoes or 1 large
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 thin leek
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Chop the garlic, onion, and ham very finely. Heat the olive oil and cook the onions and ham until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring often.
- Chop the carrots, potatoes, and bell pepper into small pieces. Cut the leek into thin rings. Add them to the pot and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times in between.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring everything to a boil and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime cut the fish fillets into bite-sized pieces.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the fish, heavy cream, milk, salt and pepper to the soup and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Check the fish and take care not to overcook it.
- Adjust the taste with some freshly squeezed lemon juice before serving.
- Serve the Fish Soup with Vegetables immediately with a baguette.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
The Fish Soup with Vegetables is a very tasty and healthy meal.
This recipe for Fish Soup with Vegetables serves/makes: 4 servings
The Fish Soup with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew