4 - 6
How to cook Fish Tacari (Indian Dish)
- 2 pounds fresh fish
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons comino (cumin)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow ginger
- 1 habanero chili (hot pepper), pierced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (to clean fish)
- Scale, clean and wash fish with lime juice.
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Use half the amount of salt and pepper to season fish.
- Brown onions and yellow ginger in a large frying pan or pot with vegetable oil.
- Place the fish in pot or frying pan.
- Add water, lime juice, comino, rest of black pepper.
- Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serve the Fish Tacari (Indian Dish) hot with steamed rice.
The Fish Tacari (Indian Dish) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fish Tacari (Indian Dish) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Fish Tacari (Indian Dish) recipe is adopted from The Belizeans Favorite Foods by Erleen Godfrey.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered
Cuisine: South American
(more South American