How to cook Fish Tacos with Crunchy Red Slaw
- 4 cod fillets (preferably cod loin*)
- 1 small container plan Greek yogurt
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 juiced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 taco shells
- Machego cheese or Monterey Jack, grated (optional)
- Slaw (see the recipe below) to serve
Crunchy Red Slaw Ingredients:
- Rinse cod under cold running water, pat dry, cut into 1 inch chunks, and place in clean bowl.
- Add everything (reserve 2 tablespoon of olive oil) on top of diced cod remembering to crush oregano between hands to release flavor.
- Stir and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. (Do not marinate over 30 minutes; you will wind up with Ceviche.)
- After 30 minutes drain fish and discard marinade. Heat a skillet, preferably cast iron, to med-high heat and adds 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Saute marinated fish approximately 5 minutes on each side. (It’s OK if fish breaks up a bit.)
- Lightly fry taco shells are cook in a pan on medium heat to warm.
- Fill taco shells with fish chunks, sprinkle on grated cheese (if desired) and top with the slaw.
How to cook Crunchy Red Slaw
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning
- Combine all ingredients and stir.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwiches.
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
The Fish Tacos with Crunchy Red Slaw recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
*The 'cod loin' are simply cuts taken from the middle part of a filleted cod side. This is considered to be the best part of the cod.
This recipe for Fish Tacos with Crunchy Red Slaw serves/makes: 8 tacos
The Fish Tacos with Crunchy Red Slaw recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Sandwich