8 - 10 small tacos
How to cook Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Lemon Slaw
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds cod fillets (preferably cod loin*)
- 1-2 cups olive oil
- 2 eggs (it looks like 3 in the photo but it’s because I got a double yoked egg!)
- 1 cup (3/4 of a 12 oz bottle) summer beer (I used Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8-10 small tortilla shells
- For Jalapeno Lemon Red Slaw:
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced (remove seeds for less spice)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Homemade Margaritas Ingredients:
- Make the slaw first so it has time to chill. Mix all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl and stir until completely mixed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can also make this the night before, but just expect your mix to look a little pink from the red cabbage.
- Next, heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and beer until frothy. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Add flour and stir until well mixed. If batter is too thick, pour a little bit more beer in.
- Add a few pieces of the cod to the batter and completely coat.
- Use tongs to pick up pieces one at a time and carefully place in the preheated skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a light golden brown.
- Use tongs to retrieve pieces and place them on a paper towel lined sheet.
- When ready to assemble, add 1-2 pieces of the fish to a tortilla, top with Jalapeno Lemon Slaw, and serve.
- Tips: Wash those tacos down with a simple Fresh Homemade Margaritas (see the recipe below)!
Serves: 1 glass
How to cook Fresh Homemade Margaritas
- 1 1/2 ounces of GOOD tequila (the better the tequila, the better your margarita will taste)
- 1 ounce triple sec or Gran Marnier liquor
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice (you can add more if you need to "water" it down)
- Coarse salt or sugar for the glass rim (optional)
- 1 lime wedge to serve (optional)
- In a small shaker, mix tequila and triple sec/Gran Marnier with lime juice to make margarita.
- Rub lime around rim of glass and coat with salt or sugar (optional).
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour margarita over ice and enjoy!
The Fish Tacos
with Jalapeno Lemon Slaw recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
*The 'cod loin' are simply cuts taken from the middle part of a filleted cod side. This is considered to be the best part of the cod.
This recipe for Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Lemon Slaw serves/makes: 8 - 10 small tacos
The Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Lemon Slaw recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Sandwich