How to cook Fish Zrazy with Mushrooms and Carrots
- 1 pound walleye (or Northern Alaska pike, Alaska pollock, pike-perch) fillets
- 1 1/2 medium onions
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 medium carrot, grated on medium grater
- 3 ounces white bread (about 2-3 loaf slices)
- 2 tablespoons semolina flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Breadcrumbs for breading
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Soak the bread in water.
- Pass the fish fillets and one onion through a meat grinder into a glass bowl. The resulting mince mix well by hand.
- Add to mince semolina, squeezed bread, chopped dill, salt and pepper; mix again.
- To prepare a mushroom-carrot stuffing: saute in a pan chopped mushrooms, the remaining chopped half of onion and grated carrot, until tender.
- Form the fish mince into 8 small oval patties. Spoon 1/4 of the mushroom-carrot stuffing onto 4 of the patties. Top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal well.
- The resulting stuffed patties (zrazy) roll in breadcrumbs and fry in a hot olive oil until golden drown on both sides.
- Serve the Fish Zrazy with Mushrooms and Carrots hot with boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
The Fish Zrazy with Mushrooms and Carrots
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fish Zrazy with Mushrooms and Carrots serves/makes: 4 servings
The Fish Zrazy with Mushrooms and Carrots recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed