How to cook Fish and Clam Chowder
- 1 pound fresh or frozen skinless whitefish fillets
- 1 (10-ounce) can whole baby clams, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped, peeled potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery stalks with leaves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 cup milk
- Butter (optional)
- Black pepper (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. If necessary, cut fish into large pieces to fit into a 4 to 6-quart Dutch oven.
- In Dutch oven combine fish, clams, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half and milk.
- Cook and stir until heated through. if desired, top each serving with a piece of butter and some black pepper.
The Fish and Clam Chowder recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fish and Clam Chowder serves/makes: 6
The Fish and Clam Chowder recipe is adopted from The Better Homes and Gardens Soups & Stews - 2005.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew