How to cook Fish in Tangy Sauce (Adobong Isda)
- 2 pounds hito (catfish) fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- Put catfish fillets in porcelain or teflon skillet. Combine the rest of ingredients except cooking oil, and pour over the catfish fillets.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes turning fish once.
- Transfer the catfish fillets to a dish. Let sauce in skillet simmer until reduced Transfer the tangy sauce to a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet. Fry the catfish fillets until brown on all sides.
- Place on serving dish. Pour the tangy sauce over it.
The Fish in Tangy Sauce (Adobong Isda) is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy. Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes.
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
This recipe for Fish in Tangy Sauce (Adobong Isda) serves/makes: 6
The Fish in Tangy Sauce (Adobong Isda) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered