How to cook Fish with Tomatoes (Sarciadong Isda)
- 1 pound sole (red snapper or sea bass) fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable or corn oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon patis (fish sauce) or salt
- Season the sole with salt and lemon juice. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, using half the oil, fry the sole fillets until they are light brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper towel.
- In another large skillet, saute garlic in remaining oil until light brown, then onion until transparent and tomatoes until soft.
- Add pepper, water and patis or salt.
- Simmer until a saucy consistency is achieved.
- Add the fried sole fillets to the sauce.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes, turning the fillets once.
- Serve the Sarciadong Isda with a hot bowl of rice.
The Fish with Tomatoes (Sarciadong Isda) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fish with Tomatoes (Sarciadong Isda) serves/makes: 4
The Fish with Tomatoes (Sarciadong Isda) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered