How to cook Florentine Orange Roughy
- 6 fresh or frozen (thawed) orange roughy (flounder, haddock, cod or other firm, white-fleshed fish) fillets, about 4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick
- 18 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, green onions and lemon juice.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with Pam; heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, dill and salt.
- Divide spinach mixture among 6 double layers of foil.
- Place 1 orange roughy fillet on top of each spinach mound; top with tomato mixture and 2 lemon slices. Fold into packets, allowing room to expand.
- Place packets on baking sheet and bake until fish is opaque, 18-20 minutes.
- Open packets carefully when testing for doneness, as steam will escape.
The Florentine Orange Roughy recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Florentine Orange Roughy serves/makes: 6 servings
The Florentine Orange Roughy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Baked