How to cook Florida Snapper Caprice
- 4 red snapper or hog snapper fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- 1 cup diced bananas
- 1 cup diced mangoes or peaches
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan combine all the sauce ingredients. Cook over low heat for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Dip the snapper fillets in the flour to lightly coat both sides; shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fillets and fry for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove the fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Drain off the liquid from the skillet. Add wine and Caprice Sauce to the pan and heat through. Spoon Caprice Sauce over each fillet and serve.
The Florida Snapper Caprice recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Florida Snapper Caprice serves/makes: 4 servings
The Florida Snapper Caprice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed