How to cook Fortune Clam Cakes with Lemon Sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) minced clams, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions and tops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Lemon Sauce (see the recipe below)
Lemon Sauce Ingredients:
- Combine eggs, soy sauce, bread crumbs, cornstarch and pepper in small bowl.
- Stir in clams, bean sprouts and green onions. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop 1 tablespoonful clam mixture at a time into skillet, making 6 or 7 cakes.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until tops of cakes are firm. Turn cakes over; cook 2 minutes longer, or until golden.
- Remove to serving platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and clam mixture. Serve with warm lemon sauce.
How to cook Lemon Sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan; bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
This recipe for Fortune Clam Cakes with Lemon Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Fortune Clam Cakes with Lemon Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed