How to cook French Anchovy Paste
- 2 ounces drained anchovy fillets, packed in oil
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or winter savory
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 loaf French country-style bread, sliced
- Chicory spears
- Black olives
- Blot the anchovies well with kitchen paper before weighing. Place in a bowl, cover with milk, and let stand for 2 minutes to reduce the saltiness. Drain and rinse carefully in cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the anchovies in a food processor with the oil, garlic, thyme and vinegar and process to smooth puree, adding pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- To serve in the traditional way, toast the bread on one side under a hot grill, spread the untoasted side with anchoiade and return to the grill until the anchovy paste is bubbling.
- Serve with radishes, chicory spears and olives.
The French Anchovy Paste recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The French name for this recipe is Anchoiade
This recipe for French Anchovy Paste serves/makes: 3/4 cup
The French Anchovy Paste recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked