How to cook French Baked Stuffed Haddock with Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 15 (about 6 ounce each) haddock fillets
- Beurre Blanc sauce
- 1 pound crab (lump crab meat)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 cups regular bread crumbs
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Beurre Blanc Sauce Ingredients:
- Mix all the ingredients of the stuffing together.
- Portion into 2 ounces and roll up in the haddock fillets.
- Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Drizzle with white wine.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Beurre Blanc sauce.
- Unmold baked stuffed haddock fillet into the center of individual plates.
- Strain Beurre Blanc sauce and pour over the fish.
How to cook Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- Pinch of flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound soft butter
- First saute the shallots.
- Add the pinch of flour and the wine.
- Reduce by half.
- Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly.
Beurre Blanc — literally translated from French as "white butter". History of Beurre Blanc sauce: The story of its origin is one of serendipity. A French chef in western France forgot to use eggs when making a Béarnaise sauce for a fish dish he was serving. Uncounted culinary delights have been discovered this way.
This recipe for French Baked Stuffed Haddock with Beurre Blanc Sauce serves/makes: 15
The French Baked Stuffed Haddock with Beurre Blanc Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Baked