About 30 appetizers
How to cook French Endive Leaves with Smoked Salmon
- 3 ounces smoked salmon (lox), cut into 30 pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, lemon juice and lemon peel together.
- Stir in the chopped chives and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Separate endives into leaves. Pipe or spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture at the wide end of each endive leaf. Top with a piece of smoked salmon.
- Arrange in concentric circles on a round platter.
The French Endive Leaves with Smoked Salmon recipe easy to prepare and so good! The French name for this recipe is Barquettes d'endives au saumon fume
This recipe for French Endive Leaves with Smoked Salmon serves/makes: About 30 appetizers
The French Endive Leaves with Smoked Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked