3 to 4
How to cook French Poached Salmon
- 4 to 6 salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- Grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 peppercorns, crushed
- 1 medium-size onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) pickling salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Brush the bottom of a square, 12-inch (30-cm), dish with olive or vegetable oil.
- Arrange salmon steaks in dish, side-by-side, without overlapping.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind and pour in lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with peppercorns top with onion quarters.
- Sprinkle with pickling salt inot water pour all around fish.
- Cover and poach salmon steaks in microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 2 minutes per salmon steak.
- Leve to rest for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and leave salmon to cool, in cooking liquid.
- With a slotted spoon, remove salmon steaks from dish skin salmon if needed.
- Arrange salmon onto a serving dish.
- Completely top salmon with a French green sauce.
- This dish can be refrigerated for 6 to 8 hours.
This recipe for French Poached Salmon serves/makes: 3 to 4
The French Poached Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Microwave